Princess Auto is a private, Canadian-owned company employing over 3,000 Team Members, with our Home Office in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We provide hard-working Canadians with a unique assortment of tools and equipment through more than 50 stores coast-to-coast, a National Call Centre, and our online store.
Our strength is in our people. In fact, we call our employees “Team Members”, and our managers “Leaders”. We all work together towards a common goal: to make Princess Auto a great place to work and shop.
Overview of the Position
As a Retail Administrative Coordinator at Princess Auto you will help create a fun, safe and unique shopping experience for our customers. We call it Royal Service. You will typically spend your day providing general administrative and some specific human resources support to Team Members and leaders in the store.
You will also help facilitate the implementation of policies, participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new Team Members, coordinate wellness and disability management processes and manage scheduling for all store Team Members using the time and attendance system. Helping leaders plan and execute team meetings and events, administering the Team Member uniform program and working with the Royal Service Academy to coordinate and track training program completion also fall within the scope of your role.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Take initiative and work well with minimal supervision
- Have excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Have strong computer skills including experience using Microsoft office; and an ability to learn and use new technology
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work with a high degree of confidentiality
- Enjoy working with people
- Be respectful, upfront and act with integrity
What our unique and fun world can offer you:
At Princess Auto, we strive to be unique . . . in our product selection, our Team Members and in our Leadership. We share information. We value opinions and collaboration from all our people across the company, regardless of position or scope of responsibility and work as a collective team in a supportive environment. We strive to provide Royal Service, our high standard of serving not just our customers, but each other, and it is a philosophy we embrace and demonstrate every day. In addition, our Team Members receive:
- Competitive compensation
- Company-funded, comprehensive benefits package
- Long-term Disability coverage
- Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Maternity Leave top-up plan
- Discount at our retail stores
- Free parking
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and relocation
- Paid personal days
- Uniform and safety shoe allowance
Voted one of Canada’s Best Employers 2023 by Forbes
Princess Auto Ltd. will consult with all applicants requesting accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.