Full Job Description
Princess Auto is a Canadian based multi-channel retailer with a global vision. We serve the home, shop, and industrial markets by providing a unique blend of quality products, services, and value based solutions to our customers through an outstanding shopping experience.
With our Home Office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, our team is over 3000 strong! We operate 50 Retail Stores from coast to coast and support our stores through 3 distribution centers.
Our strength is in our people. In fact, we call our employees “Team Members”, and our managers “Leaders”. We all work together towards a common goal: to make Princess Auto a great place to work and shop.
Overview of the Position
As a Cashier at Princess Auto you will help create a fun, safe and unique shopping experience for our customers. We call it Royal Service. You are an important part of our team’s success as you will often be the first or last person to interact with a customer. You will typically spend your day working at the checkout or customer service desk processing transactions, responding to customer enquiries in person and over the phone, keeping the front of the store tidy and balancing your cash drawer at the end of your shift.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Genuinely care about our customers’ shopping experience
- Have basic math skills and good attention to detail
- Handle customer interactions with diplomacy and tact
- Take initiative and work well with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working with people
- Be respectful, upfront and act with integrity
What our unique and fun world can offer you:
At Princess Auto, we strive to be unique . . . in our product selection, our Team Members and in our Leadership. We share information. We value opinions and collaboration from all our people across the company, regardless of position or scope of responsibility and work as a collective team in a supportive environment. We strive to provide Royal Service, our high standard of serving not just our customers, but each other, and it is a philosophy we embrace and demonstrate every day. In addition, our Team Members receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Company-funded, comprehensive benefits package
- Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP
- Maternity Leave Top-Up Plan
- Discount at our retail stores
- Free parking
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and relocation
- Uniform and safety shoe allowance