Full Job Description
The Root Cellar Food and Wellness Hub (Formerly the Medicine Hat & District Food Bank) believes that hunger exists in the community and that the community has a responsibility to address this food insecurity in a manner ensuring the availability, accessibility and adequacy of food. All people seeking our help deserve the highest quality foods that are possible for us to provide. We have found that the best way to meet hunger needs is in collaboration with others who share our common purpose. That is why we have re-branded as the Root Cellar Food & Wellness Hub to be able to collaborate with numerous other agencies and organizations in our community to achieve this.
This position is funded through Canada Summer Job grant program, and eligibility criteria are as follows:
Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Outgoing and friendly
- Excellent Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Computer skills – MS office, Excel, Outlook, Word, QuickBooks
- Registered in an Accounting or Financial Diploma/Degree Program would be an asset.
- Assist in completing fiscal year end for audit review
- Assist in preparing files for year end audit
- Assist in tracking expenses and evaluating budgets
- Assist in creation of new fiscal budget
- Assist in posting financial data to accounts
- Assist in reconciling and identifying discrepancies
- Always maintain a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Treat all clients with respect and dignity.
- Always display a positive image of the Root Cellar.
All other duties that may be assigned
This is a contract position, and is funded through Canada Summer Job grant program.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Office Computer: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-06-17
Expected start date: 2022-06-20