At Gateway Mechanical, the extraordinary is possible to achieve in the role of Accounts Payable Administrator!!!
Founded in 1968, Gateway Mechanical is a privately owned company that has established itself as a leader in the commercial and industrial refrigeration, heating and air conditioning industry (HVACR). Attending to 40,000+ service calls per year, Gateway is the largest HVAC & Refrigeration service provider in Western Canada. Our model is comprised of local branch teams with fully qualified personnel representing HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing/gas fitting, sheet metal and electrical trades. These teams are supported by centers of excellence including professional engineers and project managers which ensures Gateway’s full technical capability is available for every project and service call.
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for ensuring that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits. The focus will be put on process improvement and vendor maintenance, as well as, tracking of A/P metrics.
- Vendor file maintenance and corresponding with vendors;
- Process improvement and implementation in the A/P area;
- Process and monitoring payments through Sam-Pro;
- Preparation and data entry of batches of invoices for payment;
- Process backup reports and reconciliation of payments/analysis of accounts;
- Manage the weekly cheque runs and EFT payments;
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing;
- Tracking for A/P metrics;
- Produce monthly reports;
- Assist in month-end closing;
- Process Mastercard payments and transactions;
- Process weekly cheque deposits (AR); and
- Provide coverage for Payroll.
Requirements / Certifications
- 1+ years of direct Accounts Payable experience (equivalencies in a combination of training, education, and relevant work experience are considered);
- High attention to detail;
- Demonstrated Intermediate to Advanced level in Microsoft Office products;
- Demonstrated positive relationships with internal/external customers both verbally and in written communications;
- High School Diploma ; and
- Ongoing or completed post-secondary education is an asset.
Perks of Working with Gateway
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Weekly Payroll
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Matching
- Life Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Safe Work Culture
- Great Team Environment
The Future is Bright. Come Grow with Us!