Full job description
The Health Promotion Assistant is responsible for administrative support for the Manager and staff of the South Zone Population Health Promotion Program, other AHS staff and community partners. With a high degree of independence, the Health Promotion Assistant is responsible for performing tasks related to communication, coordination, finance, implementation and evaluation of health promotion strategies. This position has regular contact with a wide range of external community service providers and community members to coordinate events, communications and service delivery. The Health Promotion Assistant is an active participant in events and activities within AHS facilities and diverse settings in the community.
As an Administrative Support IV, you will require advanced administrative or specialized skills and knowledge to support complex procedures, practices and initiatives within a department or program.
- Classification: Administrative Support IV
- Union: AUPE GSS
- Unit and Program: Population Health Promotion Program
- Primary Location: Medicine Hat Community Health
- Location Details: As Per Location
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 1.00
- Posting End Date: 07-NOV-2023
- Employee Class: Regular Full Time
- Date Available: 17-NOV-2023
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 2
- Shifts per cycle: 10
- Shift Pattern: Days
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Minimum Salary: $26.07
- Maximum Salary: $31.68
- Vehicle Requirement: Driver's License, Vehicle Required
Required Qualifications:Some post-secondary education.
Additional Required Qualifications:Experience with e-People or other payroll systems. 2 to 3 years working in a multi-disciplinary team. Fully proficient working in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams. Minimum 3 years secretarial experience with two years in a Public Health setting.
Preferred Qualifications:Experience working within Meditech and/or Connect Care environment.