Administrative Support Associate
By joining the RONA family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
At RONA, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe’s, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, we could be perfect for each other.
Our expectations :
The administrative support associate (ASA) performs critical administrative work for associates and provides direct support to the store leadership team. This role is assisting with administrative tasks related to staffing, training, payroll and a variety of activities to support local site operations. These activities include maintaining all physical documents and records at the location and distributing work items (e.g. red vests, name tags, devices, tools and equipment).
Your role :
- Supports hiring managers and talent acquisition with site specific activities such as posting positions,printing resumes, processing background checks, printing interview guides, creating offer letters, etc.
- Supports new associate onboarding by helping with new employee orientation session planning
- Supports payroll administrative work including processing termination, creating employeechangeletters, collaborating with Associate Care Center (ACC) for all governmental documentationincluding garnishments, and managing all required new hiring forms.
- Assist in assigning, monitoring, tracking, and scheduling of training and maintenance of appropriatelicenses for compliance training (e.g. First Aid, power equipment, etc.) and external & internal training(Health and Safety, SMART, product knowledge, vendor training, etc.)
- Inputs training hours into Kronos and helps associate with logistics of their travel arrangements fortraining when required (flights, hotel, car, etc.)
- Receive and posting of material sent by HR department and organize logistics for activities related, ifapplicable (NHD, EOS, SMART, etc.) STORE tasks
- Assists people leaders with maintaining various schedules and attendance requirements for the site toinclude schedule availability and reporting for associates, predictive scheduling, managing schedulingrequests, associate availability reports, tracking shift patterns, rest breaks, and data entry into Kronos
- Supports a variety of site administrative work to include planning and supporting local communityevents
- As directed, supports store leadership by generating, distributing, and maintaining business relatedreporting.
- Follows up with store leadership and associates and exception based activity to improve complianceand execution.
- Assist store leadership in the store clerical, administrative and transactional activities as directed.
The qualifications we are looking for :
- 1 year of experience administering confidential staff information such as personnel files and employment compliance data
- 1 year of experience in a retail environment
- 1 year of experience in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff
- 2 years of administrative experience such as processing data, scheduling, monitoring and trackinginformation, and using office software
- College studies in administration, or a related field
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Rona Inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.