ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Clerk Typist) – St. Francis Junior High School
This position is open to all internal and external candidates. Prior to employment, successful applicants must provide supporting documents as outlined on our New Employees page.
We are looking to hire a continuous 35.0 hour per week Administrative Support at St. Francis Junior High School in Lethbridge. This assignment is to commence August 30, 2023. This position is covered by the CUPE 1825 collective agreement. Please quote P osting #3506113.
Under the direction of the principal, the Administrative Support provides support to administration and staff. Through collaborative team-based structure, they will carry out tasks as assigned by the school administration. Confidentiality is of utmost importance in achieving the common good for all students.
- Two year diploma in office administration program preferred.WO RK EXPERIENCE:
- One year office experience (preferably in a school setting).TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge of office equipment (photocopiers, phone systems, laminators, etc.);
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Publisher, Excel, etc.);
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Google Drive, Mail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Slides, etc.);
- Website maintenance;
- Student Information Systems;INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
- Excellent public relations skills;
- Communication skills;
- Telephone etiquette;
- Organizational skills;
- Time management;
- Collaborative team member;
- Ability to work with deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
For more information regarding this position, please contact the principal of the school, Mrs. Devon Dempsey at 403-327-3402.
Interested, qualified applicants are asked to apply online with a complete application package by 12:00 pm on Thursday, June 1, 2023 .
Application package must include the following:
- A cover letter addressed to: Michelle MacKinnon, Deputy Superintendent of Schools;
- Documentation which would support the education requirements for this position;
- Contact information for 3 references.
Please note: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We wish to thank all applicants in advance for submitting résumés, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
By virtue of the submission of an application, the applicant agrees that the principal or designate can contact previous employers for the purpose of conducting confidential reference checks whether or not the application has listed a reference for that employer.