Full Job Description
Are you creative person with a passion for the beauty and skin care industry? Do you crave an active, outdoor life right at your door step? Would you like to meet and work with people from all over the world and be paid to make your clients feel like a million dollars? When the hardest part of your day is looking out the window at the spectacular Canadian Rockies, why not join our Aesthetic team at the Willow Stream Spa.
SUBSIDIZED STAFF ACCOMMODATIONS OFFERED FOR RELOCATING CANDIDATES - HEART OF BANFF NATIONAL PARK
Please note a 1 year commitment is required for this position.
Rate of Pay: $15.91 per hour + 18% gratuity + fixed commission per treatment + 10% commission on product sales
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Perform nail services, facials, waxing, tinting and make up on guests using safe and professional techniques
- Participate in regular incentives and retail goal setting
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area consistent with the high standards of the facility.
- Assist in any and all ways in the beauty salon when not scheduled to perform facial or nail services. This assistance is to include selling and restocking professional retail skin care and hair care products.
- Constantly maintain an up to date knowledge of the personal services performed and any revisions in the products or procedures used.
- Ensure current trends in Aesthetic industry.
- Initially the aesthetician is trained in all manicures and pedicures, waxing and tinting. After mastering these services, based on performance, training is then offered in make up, 30, 45, 60 & 90 minute facials.
- Participate in on-going in-house training opportunities in our product lines and services
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Certification from an accredited school of Aesthetics required
- Previous aesthetics experience in a Spa preferred, 2 years post-graduation required
- All professional licenses are to be current
- Must be able to lift and carry 20+lbs and be able to sit/stand/walk for extended periods
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor? We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/. Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in Banff, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.91 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-04-11
Hiring 4 candidates for this role
- Posted 10 days ago