Each candidate will have their own time slot.
Full Job Description
SOUTHLAND has a current opening for a AM Dispatcher. This role is responsible for effective day to day communication between driving staff and operations, ensuring the safe and efficient completion of school runs and charters.
Dispatchers are expected to display exemplary patience and communication skills in dealing with driver, parent/s, school and public matters. This is a full-time position working a Monday through Friday shift from 5:30 am - 3:30 pm. The successful candidate must be willing to obtain a class 2 driver's license in order to cover routes as required. The cost of this is covered by the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all driver check-ins are accounted for, including late-ins/early outs, absenteeism and pro-days
- Deal with unit breakdowns by facilitating communication between drivers and maintenance personnel, and ensure that the involved route is completed
- Provide tactful and professional phone assistance in dealing with drivers, parent/s, school, and public matters
- Administrative duties, such as payroll, filing and reports
- Auditing Hours of Service
- Data entry
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Map reading skills with a strong knowledge of the city; specifically road systems, locations of schools and major attractions
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer skills
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged-in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About SOUTHLAND Transportation
We have bus-loads of opportunities available right now, and it's our culture that sets us apart from our competitors – at SOUTHLAND, you belong to a world-class team of innovators and industry leaders who are passionate about getting people Safely Home. Our culture is driven by inclusivity and people who are empowered, proud, and believe in the power of a positive attitude.
We know everyone is hiring right now, but let's dive in to what makes SOUTHLAND the Employer of Choice:
- No experience necessary. You get free training from day one (and for the rest of your career with us); you just need a valid non-GDL class 5 driver’s license or higher and our industry-leading trainers will take it from there!
- We offer a flexible Monday through Friday schedule. You get weekends, summers, and holidays off - perfect for a stay-at-home parent, entrepreneur, retiree, or anyone looking for work that fits into their diverse schedule.
- We value your time. Our drivers earn competitive wages, with the opportunity to earn even more by taking on additional routes. We have a Safety Incentive Program that rewards you when you do your job.
- Have preschool aged children? No problem, you can save on daycare costs by bringing them to work with you. They'll have fun singing wheels on the bus, while you make some extra cash – it's a win, win.
- We are welcoming. No matter what your previous employment background is, we want you to join our team. Your diverse work experience is an asset, it helps us learn, innovate, and evolve our processes and practices. We invest in our people, offering continued training and development opportunities so you can build a career with us.
- We have tons of opportunities for growth and advancement. Our sister companies span across the country, so no matter where you relocate to, it's likely we have a place for you. From employee transportation, non-emergency medical transportation, on-demand shuttles, to inter-city busing, the opportunities are endless!
We're looking for the right people to do an important job. Transportation is an essential service for our communities, and it takes a special person to commit to doing it well. The early starts, traffic, and unpredictable road conditions are all worth it at the end of the day when you know you've made difference in the lives of children. Their smiles are the ultimate reward, and you'll look forward to seeing them each day – we promise.
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they're not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.