Argo Sales is an oil and gas services company specializing in the custom manufacturing of surface production equipment. Argo has recently acquired a new facility in Redcliff, Alberta and is seeking qualified individuals for this expansion.
With a sales office located in Calgary, AB, and multiple manufacturing facilities located in Southern Alberta, Argo is ideally situated to serve the needs of the Western Canadian oil and gas industry.
Argo offers an exciting opportunity to develop professionally in a culture supported by teamwork and open communication. At Argo, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Argo Sales is an important part of the Terravest Industries (TSX: TVK) manufacturing portfolio. Terravest is a diversified manufacture of oil & gas, compressed gas, and home heating products with locations across Canada and the USA (https://terravestindustries.com.).
Argo Sales currently has a position available for an Apprentice Instrumentation Technician at our Medicine Hat location.
Reporting to the Electrical and Instrumentation Foreman, the successful candidate will be responsible to accurately layout, plan, install and test all instruments, tubing and fitting components as per fabrication shop drawings.
· Accurately install all tubing and fitting components as per fabrication shop drawings and Journeyman/Journeywomen instructions.
· Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation.
· Knowledge of hand tools.
· Assist planning instrument and tubing layout.
· Perform and follow all ABSA testing guidelines.
· Ensure all work instructions are carried out as per supervisor directives.
· Assist Journeymen/Journeywomen as required.
· Maintain assigned production goals and objectives.
· Ensure all company quality standards are adhered to.
· Maintain good housekeeping.
· Participate in ongoing safety prevention initiatives and courses and encourage others’ involvement.
- Indentured Instrumentation Apprentice, or those looking to enroll in the trades
· Previous instrumentation construction and maintenance experience working within the Industrial Oil & Gas sector would be considered an asset
- Ability to read and interpret related shop drawings and P&ID’s.
- Tube bending experience is considered an asset.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location