Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Safe. Trusted. Respected. Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We’re proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
We are seeking an experienced Asphalt Plant Grounds Person located in Medicine Hat. Reporting to the Asphalt Plant Manager, Medicine Hat Operations, the Asphalt Plant Grounds Person would be responsible for general duties and upkeep of the asphalt plant.
- Daily maintenance of the asphalt plant; greasing of bearings, adjusting belts.
- Routine daily checks of fuel levels.
- Loading out trucks.
- Mechanically inclined & ability to successfully climb steps.
- General asphalt and maintenance work.
- Other duties as required.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Asphalt industry related experience considered a plus but not mandatory.
- Must be able to read, comprehend manuals & directions.
- Repetitive stopping, bending, crouching as required to perform duties.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to high levels of noise, grease & dust.
- Maintain a valid Class 5 driver's license.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- This is considered a safety-sensitive position subject to the company's drug & alcohol program.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.