- Req ID: 100464
- Department: Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 50-60%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade:
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 02/10/2023
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
- Plan reading;
- Steel bridge repairs;
- Concrete forming;
- Pile driving;
- Framing bridge timbers;
- Culvert installation/repair;
- Concrete work;
- Cabinet construction;
- Material estimates;
- Interior/exterior finishing.
- Possess a Journeyman Carpenter or have equivalent experience (six years’ experience in benchwork) and be willing to pass the CP Rail qualifying test;
- Hold a valid driver's license;
- Possess own set of hand tools;
- Certified to operate explosion activated tools;
- Obtain and hold a CROR rules card, minimum level "D";
- Comfortable working on structures at heights with proper fall protection equipment;
- Proficient with the safe use of common hand and power tools.
- Ability to effectively complete all assigned duties unsupervised.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered safety sensitive; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").