Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Bin Shop Helper to join our team inLethbridge, AB.
The main task will be to provide maintenance to metallic waste bins and with additional labourer duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Paint and maintain all metallic waste bins in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Plan and schedule repair work as needed.
- Yard Clean-up and other general maintenance duties as assigned.
- Completion of applicable Company training programs.
- At least 1 year of work experience as well as a stable work history preferably in a labour type position.
- The ability to paint and sticker the bins.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Pass all pre-employment checks.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying lifting some pins and painting equipment.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
- Work is performed indoors.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture.
You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
- Wage Rate - $18.00-$21.00 hourly
- Full benefits (medicals, RRSP, etc)
- Boots and uniforms
- Full time permanent employment
- Career development
- Social and family oriented environment
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.