Full Job Description
Waste Connections of Canada has an immediate opening for a Bin Shop Helper to join our team in Lethbridge, AB .
The main task will be to provide maintenance to metallic waste bins and with additional labourer duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Paint and maintain all metallic waste bins in a safe, efficient and timely manner. Plan and schedule repair work as needed.
- Yard Clean-up and other general maintenance duties as assigned.
- Completion of applicable Company training programs.
- At least 1 year of work experience as well as a stable work history preferably in a labour type position.
- The ability to paint and sticker the bins.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Pass all pre-employment checks.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying lifting some pins and painting equipment.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
- Work is performed indoors.
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture.
You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits (medicals, RRSP, etc)
- Boots and uniforms
- Full time permanent employment
- Career development
- Social and family oriented environment
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$19.00 per hour
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)