Full Job Description
A Bridge Worker is a skilled bridge/construction worker involved with maintenance and construction of bridge structures and other types of related infrastructure. The work involves a wide variety of activities using numerous tools, equipment, and materials.
Maintenance and construction duties include, but are not limited to the following: working at considerable heights, performing strenuous work in an outdoor setting, working with a variety of hand and power tools and equipment, working with and around heavy construction equipment, work as a flag-person, work with a variety of new and salvage materials ensuring optimum usage, and other duties as required. This position requires adequate physical strength and agility to perform the required tasks.
Work Environment / Conditions:
- Awareness of one’s own condition and relative fitness to ensure total readiness for work.
- Working at considerable heights, performing strenuous work in an outdoor setting.
- Out of town and weekend work is expected.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- High school or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities.
- Class 5 license; clean drive’s abstract.
- Experience in heavy civil concrete construction.
- Fabrication, erection, and removal of formwork and falsework.
- Preparation of foundation (concrete working slab), placing, consolidating, finishing, curing, and protection of concrete for slabs and walls including cold weather requirements.
- Installation of embedded metal fabrications.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Possible out of town and weekend work on an as required basis.
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to Volker Stevin Highways Ltd., quoting JOB ID: 2-671512211
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Class 5 Licence (preferred)