- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Full job description
Mint Smartwash (“Mint”) is an unparalleled growth story in the express tunnel car wash market space, strategically headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, with operations located in Western Canada and Montana, USA. The mission of Mint Smartwash is To provide a superior car wash experience delivering epic shine while saving time and feeling mint! Mint is highly focused on capitalizing on their successes to date, as an industry leader, innovator, and employer of choice to expand their presence across geographical markets. The Mint leadership team is a dedicated group of car wash enthusiasts with strong operational and business competencies exemplifying a growth mindset, in the pursuit of excellence. At Mint we look to SHINE everyday through living our corporate values of being MAVERICKS, helping our COMMUNITIES, investing in the future of our PEOPLE, neutralizing our ENVIRONMENTAL impact and delivering EXCELLENCE in customer experience.
Reports directly to Area Manager and takes direction from Vice President – Operations.
Why does this role exist?
· The purpose of this role is to support the Company in achieving its mission by ensuring that each express car wash location delivers the "Mint experience" and focuses on building our membership base through exceptional customer service.
· The General Manager is responsible for creating a positive and inclusive work environment that aligns with our corporate values and fosters employee satisfaction.
· To execute our Mission of providing our customers with a superior car wash experience delivering epic shine while saving time and feeling mint!
Oversees all aspects of local car wash operations from the moment a customer enters the lot until exit. The General Manager is responsible for developing and supporting a team of up to fifteen associates in the delivery of our Mission – ensuring customers receive customer service and an excellent car wash that leaves them “Feeling Mint.” You’re responsible for the overall appearance and maintenance and repair of the wash and partner with maintenance leads in ensuring all wash systems meet and exceed standards for operation. You’ll be accountable for the budget, revenue and overall growth of the business and be a key partner in the development of marketing and promotion strategies to deliver against corporate goals.
· You’ll hire and develop employees that have the attributes Mint has determined we require to be successful.
· You’ll be a mentor and coach Assistant Managers and Supervisors on how to motivate the employees and ensure that our people are performing at all levels.
· You’ll lead by example and during peak customer hours, support and facilitate sales, load in the tunnel and engage customers for feedback.
· You’ll be accountable to ensure employees comply with employment policies, corporate values, SOP and government legislations.
· You’ll build and nurture a high-performing team by creating a fun work environment, living the company values and motivating employees to progress through the competency-based training program
· You’ll coach and mentor all employees to greet customers with a smile and provide superior customer service.
· You’ll represent Mint Smartwash in the community in a positive manner.
· You’ll be responsible for the quality of the wash systems and actively participate in the maintenance and repair of the facility.
· You’ll be the first to volunteer to help with an after-hours repair and will become competent in the repair and maintenance of the wash. You’re willing to adapt and learn about new ways to improve the wash and willing to get your hands dirty.
· You’ll be responsible for managing and ordering all components and consumables including tools, equipment and supplies required. This includes chemicals, dash wipes, towels, spare parts, safety supplies, etc.
· You’ll ensure that customer complaints and incidents are handled in a professional manner and closed out within the required timeframe.
· You’ll oversee the incident investigation process to ensure that all vehicle incidents are handled in a timely, professional manner and the actions are in line with Company policy.
· You’ll be the safety champion at the location, bringing forward and implementing ideas for improving the safety management system and safety culture.
· You’ll organize and conduct safety meetings, support health and safety committee members, and review and provide suggestions on hazard ID reports.
· You’ll manage Mint's local relationships with charities, sports teams and other events that we sponsor. Ensure that partners align well with Mint's values and our commitment to the community is highlighted through these partnerships.
· You’ll work with local businesses to develop partnerships, which may include vendors, customers, or joint marketing partners. Ensure that our partners represent Mint and its values.
Requirements for hire:
- Valid drivers license.
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours as required.
- Three years experience in a management capacity.
- College certificate or college degree (preferred)
Opportunity for advancement and growth within a rapidly expanding organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Management: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person