Full job description
Work where the world comes to create, discover and learn.
We are one of Canada’s top universities and leading research institutions. With more than 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students, two campuses (Lethbridge and Calgary), seven faculties and schools, and more than 2,500 employees, ULethbridge is Lethbridge’s second largest employer. Faculty and staff come together to contribute, each in their own way, to establishing ULethbridge as Canada’s destination university. In 2022, Lethbridge was recognized as one of Canada’s top small cities.
- Floor scrubbing
- Carpet cleaning
- Floor refinishing
- General cleaning
This position is responsible to fully clean residence apartments for move out/move in as required. This full time Caretaker II will need to meet the Caretaking Expectations, follow standard operating procedures, and safe work practices. This position works 37.5 hours per week minimum.
Note: A valid unrestricted Class 5 Driver’s License with no more than 6 demerits and submission of a motor vehicle record (driver abstract) dated within 3 months of the posting close is required.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
HOURS OF WORK : Early mornings subject to shift change notice
- Effective English reading, verbal, and written communication skills at the appropriate level for the position
- Reliable, positive, and detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Experience with heavy duty cleaning procedures and commercial cleaning equipment; current WHMIS certification is an asset
- Ability to perform physically demanding work (i.e. including bending, twisting, climbing stairs, pushing, and pulling, regular lifting of 10 kg and occasional lifting of 25 kg) in a safe and efficient manner
- A proven ability to maintain effective working relationships and provide quality customer service
- Standard first aid and CPR certification is desired
- Some experience with supervising would be considered an asset
- Driver’s Abstract