No matching job preferences
Shift & schedule
Evenings as needed
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables, and fruits. Follows basic instructions in preparing such simple foods as breakfast items, basic desserts, and garnishes.
- Clears plates and trays, loads, and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans, and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting.
- Successful candidate must be available to workdays, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
When you choose to build your career with Extendicare, you’re joining a team dedicated to making a difference. By focusing our energy on enriching the lives of our residents every day, we transform both the quality of their lives and the quality of our own work experiences.
If you have a passion for caring, turn it into a rewarding career with Extendicare!
Extendicare and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes upon request.
Health Care Aide new
Driver I-Indeed new