Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance and sustain effective relationships with clients and patrons
- Conduct proactive patrols to ensure safety and address policy breaches, and note any concerns
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner
- De-escalate crisis situations, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources
- Exercise crowd control and evict trespassers
- Write clear and detailed reports including incident, emergency, liability and day to day reports
- Provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Utilize two-way radios and computer applications to communicate site activities
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquires
- Ability to obtain a valid Alberta security license
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong observational skills
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
- Ability to walk 18/20km and stairs
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Security License
- An unrestricted class 5 drivers license is considered an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
The Paladin Difference starts with our guards; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
General Security Guards work in a variety of different settings. This job may be physically demanding due to the size of the buildings. This job requires applicants to be able to work both day and overnight shift rotations.