Full Job Description
Position Title: Early Childhood Educator Level 1, 2 & 3
Location: 450 Vista Drive, #104
Start Date: Immediately
Kids Connection Daycare is currently seeking Fun, Active, Respectful individuals to join our ever-growing facility. We are Medicine Hats newest childcare center who have expanded our program to add an additional 4 new rooms and have 8 new staff members join our team.
Why should you join our team?
At Kids Connection of Medicine Hat, we are passionate about our work and know that we are creating a positive impact in the community. Our staff feel welcome from the first day they start and quickly feel a sense of belonging here as we bring our hearts to work every day. If you are passionate about your work, want to make the community a better place, and develop your leadership skills this is the place for you!
Kids Connection of Medicine Hat also offers multiple other perks and benefits.
- Health, Dental, Benefits
- Ongoing Leadership Development and Opportunities
- Opportunities for Training and Recertification
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Clear Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Check only if working with Children), dated within 6 months is required.
- Child Development Certificate (Level 1, 2, 3)
- Current Standard First Aid or wiling to gain it.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the confidentiality required for the protection of the children and parents
- Ability to prepare neat accurate written work
- Skilled communication and observation techniques
- Ability to organize and implement daily programming
- Ability to work with others
- Ability and flexibility to work with all age groups
- Ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Ability to understand and implement daily routines
What does this role look like at Kids Connection of Medicine Hat?
The staff oversees/implements the daily planning and implementation.
Reports to and works under the guidance of the Program Director.
The childcare professionals are responsible for preparing and implementing a monthly programming plan on the interest of the child that is age appropriate and develops the physical, emotional and intellectual skills of the children.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of children
- Responsible for the awareness of all centers policies, health regulations, safety, field trip, Provincial day care regulations
- Responsible for awareness of all pertinent information concerning each child
- Responsible for creating an environment within the center the guides the children in their play and create opportunities for the children to make suitable decisions and choices
- Responsible for awareness of all housekeeping duties and ensuring that all work areas remain clean and organized
- Responsible for maintaining a current knowledge of techniques and programs used in the field of early childhood this will require attendance at various workshops and seminars
- Responsible to stay current with research and emerging best practices in health and safety as recommended by licensing and health authorities
- Responsible to know which children if any use emergency medications, where the medications are stored, and how to administer them if necessary
- Responsible to ensure a safety checklist is being completed on the building, play areas, toys, materials and furnishings have been inspected to ensure they are safe, in good repair and hygienically maintained.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.14-$28.62 per hour
- On-site childcare
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Do you hold a valid childcare certificate?
- Do you have a lot of patience ?
- How many years of childcare experience do you have ?
- Do you have a criminal record check within the last 6 months ?
- are you great at communication?