About Lethbridge Family Services
In operation since 1910, Lethbridge Family Services (LFS) is the tenth largest employer in Lethbridge, serving 8,100 clients annually through 380 employees. LFS stewards an annual budget of over $21 million and has numerous contracts. LFS is a highly-accredited charitable organization that improves the wellbeing and quality of life for individuals and families in Southwestern Alberta. The organization is devoted to providing services to those in need, regardless of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, language, religion, gender identity, and family structures. We offer community-based support to facilitate human potential, choice, and independence. Through advocacy, public education, prevention, intervention, and community development, LFS responds to emerging family needs.
Position: CLIENT OUTREACH WORKER – Casual/Relief
Canada Summer Jobs (8 weeks)
Department: IMMIGRANT SERVICES
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Maintain and develop new relationships with diverse community stakeholders and partners. Devise strategies to enhance community awareness about the Community Connection Volunteer Program (CCVP) client needs.
- Developing activities to supplement and support the needs of the CCVP staff.
- Assist with the management of the program's LinkedIn account, including the sourcing of possible employers and mentors.
- Ensuring mentor’s and volunteer’s availability; receive feedback; answering questions.
- Assist in the development of content for the CCVP's webpages.
- Performing administrative tasks, such as coordinating the volunteer and mentor screening process.
- Assist the production of presentations, promotional and training material.
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events.
- Attend community meetings as approved by supervisor(s).
- Answer telephone and in-person callers promptly via office and assigned cell phone.
- Provide information about Lethbridge Family Services, Immigrant Services, and the Community Connection Program.
- Complete all necessary client and agency documentation including but not limited to iCare and PQI.
· Meet Canada Summer Jobs Criteria:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
· Minimum qualification is High School diploma.
· Basic understanding of newcomers with foreign credentials and their work experience.
· Must have excellent organizational and administrative skills.
· Experience and interest in working with newcomers.
Start date: May 30, 2023
Application deadline: May 22, 2023
Please submit, in confidence, a resume and cover letter referencing job posting 23IS7 and where you viewed our ad:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Lethbridge Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Casual
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-22
Expected start date: 2023-05-30