Requisition ID: 177278
Cost Centre: MD Management Limited
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
MD Management Limited, a division of Scotia Wealth Management, has an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic, and client-focused Client Service Associate to join our team.
As a Client Service Associate, you will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to Financial Consultants & Portfolio Managers.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Provide service and sales support to Financial Consultants and Portfolio Managers, responding to all inquiries from current and prospective clients concerning MD products and services
- Be accountable for the preparation and processing of client documentation, preparing correspondence to clients and third parties, and inputting transaction requests
- Maintain a follow-up system for inquiries, complaints, and problem resolution, ensuring that established MD service standards are being met in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain a plan to ensure all existing clients are contacted regularly and paperwork required for meetings is prepared in advance
- Book client meetings, prepare files, send meeting reminders, and respond to time-sensitive requests from Advisors during client meetings
- Process documentation related to new accounts and trade requests & input transaction requests, confirming all regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Identify opportunities, anticipate client needs, & partner with other lines of business to arrange mutually beneficial client contact strategies
- Support and participate in the research and resolution of a variety of complex client concerns
- Adhere to professional standards including policies, procedures and best practices, and professional codes of conduct related to client engagement, taking Scotiabank’s risk appetite and culture into consideration
- Ensure that monthly compliance-related tasks, such as compliance reporting logs and follow up on non-compliant paperwork, are completed
- Liaise with Accountants and third parties to provide tax documents or statements as requested
- Be responsible for other general office duties, including reception coverage as required
The Must Haves:
- College diploma or university degree in business, commerce or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in an administrative or clerical position, preferably within the financial services industry
- IIROC licensed as an Investment Representative (IR) which includes the completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and 30- day training
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CRM2
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
- A dedication to client service
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and are resourceful
- An ability to work independently or effectively within a team
- An ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast- paced environment
- An ability to effectively manage change
- A focus on achieving results
What’s in it for you?
- We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
- We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
- We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
- We know that financial security is important to you and we’re here to help – competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
- We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable – we offer a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with MD. Our team environment ensures you’re able to take time off without worrying about your clients.
- We understand that cost-effective banking solutions mean more money in your pocket – through our partnership with Scotia, we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
- We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, as an employee of MD you’ll have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Lethbridge
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.