Every day REDI’s team of over 230 employees develops and delivers meaningful programs, supports and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Founded in 1952, REDI Enterprises Society is the driving force behind the movement to build a community where everyone belongs. This is not just a marketing catchphrase. It is a fundamental belief, and heartfelt mission on the part of all of us who workday in and day out to move our community closer to that goal. REDI’s mission is to enable individuals to attain respect, opportunity, and responsibility. We value reciprocal respect, trust, integrity, support, honesty, empowerment, compassion, and accountability.
About the Position
REDI Enterprises Society is presently seeking permanent, fulltime, conscientious, and career-minded Complex Support Needs Worker for our REDIlives division. This position is responsible for supporting individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities with complex behaviour needs in residential support settings. The role has knowledge and experience to take part in risk assessments, person centered planning, and carrying out behaviour support plans. The Complex Support Needs worker requires specialized education/training related to dual diagnoses and multiple years of experience. .
REDI offers an extensive benefit package after the completion of a 90-day probation period. Our benefits include but are not limited to - Employer paid Group Benefits, RRSP matching, Flex spending amount, ect. We also offer paid sick time and vacation accrual.
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field with additional specialized training related to mental health.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- First Aid- Level C/CRP certificate
- Effective time management and priority setting skills and the ability to balance competing demands and priorities. This includes knowing when appropriate to ask for help or refer to community resources.
- Knowledge of the broader range of community resources available to support the individual’s participation and inclusion.
- Clean criminal record or one that is acceptable to the Executive Director
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Record or one that is acceptable to the Executive Director
- A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and act on their life choices and seek active participation in the community.
- An understanding of the opportunities and options available to persons with disabilities, mindful of cultural and ethnic sensitivity
- Ability to work well as a team, and independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats.
A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person