At Surex, our mission is to give security, transparency, and comfort to Canadians. Currently we have 60,000+ policy holders across 9 Provinces and Territories. We are investing in increasing our capacity to scale and have coals of reaching 500,000+ customers.
We are a people first company that strives to create the best experience for our employees by creating an inclusive, collaborative, challenging environment to learn and problem solve on a daily basis.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Team Lead- Compliance the primary goal of the Compliance Associate is to support our advisors and clients. Through building rapport and establishing trust you will assess clients existing policies to help find solutions for their changing insurance needs. Your prior customer service and insurance experience will be key in Surex’s continued growth. Thorough training will be provided to help set you up for success and provide opportunity to advance and grow within the company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Respond to all online inquiries from advisors and clients
- Prompt response time when communicating to advisors
- Thorough review of all new business submission sold by our distribution teams. Any discrepancies are noted and sent to the advisor
- Attention to detail ensuring all carrier and advisor notes are accounted for, documented and applied to each individual piece of business
- Maintain a working knowledge of Surex carrier portals and policy management systems
- Complete tasks efficiently and with a sense of urgency and accuracy, meeting Surex’s service level agreements
- Participation in daily stand-up meetings and weekly support services meetings
- Participation in training and development programs
- Working with other team members and our advisors to better understand current processes to detail suggestions, efficiencies or improvements
Qualifications & Skills:
- Motivated with a dedicated work ethic and a positive outlook
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Results driven, strong initiative to achieve individual and team goals
- Ability to adapt to and embrace change and technology solutions
- High customer service standards (Prompt, responsible, reliable, courteous, friendly)
- Powerbroker knowledge is considered an asset
- Zendesk knowledge is considered an asset
- Prior Insurance experience is preferred
What we have to offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation & Flex Days
- Full Benefits
- Secure Future in the Digital Space
- Room to Advance your career
- Work from Home Options*
Surex is dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination on any basis including race, color, creed, religion, national/ethnic origin, sex, age, family status, or sexual orientation. We are committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit, or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our recruitment and selection process, please contact us at 1-855-242-6612.
Please note that all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Surex, please visit our website at www.surex.com.