Full Job Description
To support operational growth, Forbes Bros is looking for a Construction Supervisor/General Foreman to oversee a team in the construction and maintenance of distribution projects within Lethbridge, AB and surrounding area.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Construction Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing and directing daily operations at the construction site. As the successful incumbent, you will ensure all work packages are completed to the required client specifications and ensure all work methods/safety standards are adhered to at the site, and if required correct any actions that are not to the Forbes Bros standard.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for quality control
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; conducting training; implementing enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards, adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems.
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Direct supervision of a construction team responsible for completing scopes of work as assigned by the Construction Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Powerline Technician Red Seal Trade Program
- Five (5) years' experience with Utility / Powerline Construction or related field
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Foreman - Powerline Technician
- A minimum of one year managing construction projects independently
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong leadership and team building skills, including the ability to lead by example, build consensus, actively listen, and engage/influence employees at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Task-orientated with strong attention to detail and follow through
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Strong ethics, professionalism, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Able to build strong relationships with employees and clients
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines
This position requires candidates to:
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug &alcohol testing to obtain clearance for site access.
- Maintain a valid Driver's licenses and acceptable diver's abstract
- Travel regularly to various project sites and office locations.
Please Note: The successful candidate may need to operate in a Foreman capacity between large projects
What We Offer:
Forbes Bros offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plan and a rewarding pension program. Forbes Bros has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, innovation and respect in the workplace!
Forbes Bros is an equal opportunity employer committed to best practice recruiting and hiring, to promote gender equity and workplace diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who meet the requirements noted and who earn an invitation to interview will be contacted.