We have multiple Solar projects across Southern Alberta. Travel allowance and/or LOA will be offered to out of town candidates.
Borea provides a work environment that is vibrant, dynamic and challenging. At Borea, you will be surrounded by the green energy construction industry’s best engineers, project managers, tradespeople, technicians, executives and administrators. We are looking for the best and brightest, who share our passion for building renewable energy parks, and power the next generation of Canadians.
Borea builds teams focusing on the following values:
- Taking Care of Each Other
- Embrace Challenge
- Innovate for a Better Future
- Lead with Passion
- Commit to the Highest Quality Standards
Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
Reports to: Foreman
The Construction Worker is a safety-minded worker that should have construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation. The schedules are subject to variations depending on the project needs and delays. The ideal candidates are self starters willing to follow directions closely. Additionally, the laborer should be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure project security.
Responsibilities and Duties
Load and unload materials and place them in work areas
- Spotting trucks and equipment while backing up
- Capable of using equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps, or monitoring their operation
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs and navigate construction job site terrain
- Dig pits, trenches in preparation for job site construction
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site
- Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
- Direct traffic to or near the construction site
WHAT YOU'LL BRING? REQUIREMENTS * *
High school diploma/GED preferred
- Previous construction industry experience preferred
- Valid driver license
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Good physical condition
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle
- Comfort working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
Responsibilities, duties and requirements can vary according to the project needs.
WHY JOIN BOREA`S TEAM?
- Competitive wages
- Healthcare benefits provided through CLAC fully funded by Employer
- Advancement opportunities
- RRSP and Pension opportunities paid by Employer
- Industry leading training provided to all employees
- Travel pay to jobs offered for out of town candidates
- Other exciting benefits
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea. Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: From $18.71 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- This position is located near Enchant, AB. Are you willing to commute to the project site>
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: One location