Independent Crop Inputs
WHO WE ARE
ICI is a young and growing agribusiness in Southern Alberta. Situated in the heart of some of the most productive agricultural land in the country near Taber, ICI supplies crop inputs to a specialized and diverse group of farm producers. Our proven success since starting the company in 2017 is positioned to grow significantly in the years ahead. This team is vibrant and focused on the future.
ICI is offering a unique and rewarding opportunity for a qualified Controller.
The Controller works collaboratively with Senior Leaders and the CEO to provide overall strategic and financial guidance to ICI. The incumbent oversees the Financial and Administrative functions for the organization, ensuring effective administrative and finance supports are available and integrated within operations, developing, and maintaining internal controls. The Controller is also responsible to review and monitor divisional budgets, conduct forecast analysis, identify business inefficiencies, evaluate investment options, and submit reports and updates to the CEO.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You are a strategic future thinker, and a results driven, self-motivated individual who believes that supporting and promoting a healthy corporate culture is foundational to long-term success. You have a growth mindset and actively look for ways to apply your knowledge and contribute to profitable outcomes for the organization. Presenting a positive attitude, you are a superior communicator with a natural ability to develop team chemistry and establish rapport with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Financial and budget management and financial reporting experience.
- Strategic planning experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and accounting software.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- Project Management training or certification would be an asset.
- Experience in corporate governance considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with Agre (ERP hosted by Tronia) and Microsoft Power BI considered an asset
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and guiding staff to develop a high performance organization.
- Ability to make decisions and meet critical deadlines, providing guidance at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to challenges, demonstrating resiliency in response to a demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- An effective communicator both verbally and in writing with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to develop relationships within business context.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT ICI
“ICI values people” – these are the first three words of our Core Values. We seek to live by them and strive to maintain an environment of cooperation and teamwork. We demonstrate our commitment by providing personal, financial, and professional growth opportunities for our employees.
- A competitive salary and participation in variable annual compensation as available based on corporate performance metrics.
- A Hybrid Work Environment with flexibility to work from home one day a week.
- Annual Health Care Spending Account.
- Annual Lifestyle Spending Account.
- Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage.
- Short and Long-term Disability coverage.
- Opportunity to attend seminars and conferences.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide regular updates and reports on workplans and forecasts to the Senior Leadership Team
(SLT), sharing progress towards goals and priorities.
- Support the strategic vision, mission, values, and culture of the organization.
- Ensure financial and administrative capacity to support and foster growth and profitability.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage risks to the organization.
- Support the CEO in evaluating and understanding efficiency ratios as they apply to ICI business.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the business to measure success.
- Support business development activities and initiatives as directed, providing input and recommendations.
- Manage and oversee all accounting activities and reporting, including invoicing, cash management, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, fixed assets, and inventory.
- Consult and provide expert advice to the CEO and Team Leads in relation to finance and admin processes.
- Oversee and manage Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Evaluate and negotiate lending agreements with financial partners alongside the CEO.
- Work with Operations Lead to manage and reconcile inventory.
- Manage and oversee budget for department, allocating resources to support business and operational needs.
Independent Crop Inputs
- Work with Senior Leads to create annual forecasts and budgets for their lines of business.
- Provide full divisional financial reporting and forecast analysis to CEO identifying the status of the divisional budget, and an action plan of opportunities to leverage, or potential risks.
- Oversee completion of year end financial reporting.
- Coach, mentor, and provide expert advice to Team Leads, supporting a culture of high performance and leadership development.
- Lead and oversee the Administration Team; performance reviews, team building, review of staffing needs, training, and managing internal team dynamics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9, 2023. This posting remains open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person