Masterpiece Living is a fresh concept in seniors living, an extraordinary approach concentrating on each resident's well being. Masterpiece is currently recruiting for a:
- As a cook your typical day will impact in the following way:
· Working with a Team conjointly to produce a high standard of menu items for200 hundred Residents.· Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.· Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and portion-controlled quantities.· Monitoring quality of food and supplies received and advise Chef of problems and makes recommendations about corrective actions.· In the absent of the Chef, assume the responsibilities for department including menu changes for diets as necessary.· Assisting in orientation and training of new team members.· Prepare precooked and or cooked food products.· Prepare “Mise en place” Setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes etc.· Clean and Supervise maintain Kitchen per Health and Safety standards.· Communicate effectively with all team members as to menu changes, diets. Etc.· Reports needed on all maintenance faulty equipment and accidents to Chef.· Performs other duties as assigned or directed.Qualifications:
- · Demonstrates a positive and passionate attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of Masterpiece.
· Proven 3 – 5 year cooking experience, including experience as a restaurant or prep cook.
- . Experience in Hot Cooking
· Food Safety Certificate preferred· Preferred experience in large quantity cooking and large quantity food preparation· Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.· Familiar with industries best practices.· Able to work independently and as a team.· Excellent written and verbal communication’s skills.· Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.· All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Record and Vulnerable sector check.
- Hiring Casual Applicants for shifts on days and evenings (0600-1430) and (1030-1900)
- Preference for evening shift
- Position may lead to a temporary shift in summer months
Job Type: Casual
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person