No matching job preferences
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation. Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal following standardized recipes and production sheets. Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture. Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion-controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Dietary Supervisor, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Monitor's quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Supervisor of problems. Recommends corrective action.
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at mealtimes; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Supervisor, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks ;cleaning logs; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the local governing body
- Post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition
- “Red Seal” certification preferred
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures
- Ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions in English
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
- Current Food Handler`s Certificate
When you choose to build your career with Extendicare, you’re joining a team dedicated to making a difference. By focusing our energy on enriching the lives of our residents every day, we transform both the quality of their lives and the quality of our own work experiences.
If you have a passion for caring, turn it into a rewarding career with Extendicare!
Extendicare and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes upon request.