What You’ll Do
- Capture and tell the LDE story with hundreds of thousands of visitors gathering each year for events, entertainment and community initiatives.
- Tell the story of the 268,000 square foot Agri-Food Hub and Trade Centre opening in Spring 2023.
- Join a high-energy, fast-paced event environment, and a collaborative team.
- Develop strategic content and manage social media channels on multiple platforms.
- Execute digital media campaigns and analyze data rich results.
- Prepare quarterly social media analytics and measure quarterly key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain website content.
- Periodic weekend and evening work are expected.
What You’ll Bring
- 1-3 years of related experience in a fast-paced events and entertainment industry.
- Marketing experience in a tourism environment or Convention/Trade Centre considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in marketing or digital media.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to produce clean, creative and accurate content quickly and efficiently.
- Passion for the Lethbridge and Southern Alberta region as a place to live, work, play and do business.
- Passion for digital and social media, and experience developing content and managing online communities in a corporate setting.
- Experience writing digital marketing and social media plans.
- Experience developing and posting content to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, websites, e-mail marketing and blogs in a corporate setting.
- Experience using social media publishing software platforms (i.e, Sproutsocial, etc.).
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage website design and content for functionality and visual appeal.
- Understanding of the digital sales funnel as it relates to driving social media traffic, website traffic, event bookings and ticket sales.
- Ability to run and analyze Google Ad campaigns.
- Experience with client service and issues management.
- Experience with graphic design, photography and videography.
- A proven strength in creative storytelling.
- Ability to work independently, develop solution-based plans and critically think.
- Creative and insightful critical thinking ability.
- Ability to be collaborative, receive direction and mentorship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Social Media (60%):
- Write, edit and create content to promote Lethbridge & District Exhibition, the Agri-food Hub & Trade Centre, its events, employees and partnerships.
- Post content to relevant social media platforms targeted at the appropriate audience. These platforms will include and are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Google, blogs and e-newsletters.
- Keep up-to-date on changes in the social media industry to guide strategic decisions.
- Analyze and provide data to Manager, Communications, Marketing & Risk Management to guide departmental decisions.
- Continuously amplify (share) content of guests, clients and partners by sharing their content before, after and during events. Ensure the Lethbridge & District Exhibition brands are front and center, and that LDE is seen as a premiere destination.
- Answer all guest, client and community inquiries in a timely manner.
- Write quarterly shareholder newsletter and project management updates on relevant updates of the organization.
- Issues management and online crisis communications implementation and execution.
- Attend Lethbridge & District Exhibition events when required.
Website Management (20%):
- Write, edit and create content for all Lethbridge & District Exhibition website(s) and Signature Event websites.
- Design high-quality website layout, content and functionality through on-going project work.
- Manage all event listings on the Lethbridge & District Exhibition website(s).
- Upload content to website as requested by other departments.
- Analyze website data to guide content decisions.
- Seek and implement enhancements to website.
Project Management (20%):
- Implement aspects of marketing cycle for assigned projects; concept development, copy writing, creative direction, photography/video shoots, etc.
- Implement and execute marketing plans for assigned projects.