At Wolseley Canada, our leading-edge is the knowledge and insight found in every corner of our organization. Here, you’ll build strong relationships and support critical industries that touch the lives of Canadians. Every day, we show up with intention and pride; in ourselves, our associates, and our customers. You’ll have a solid foundation to try new things, uncover new possibilities, challenge yourself, and grow your career. Does this sound like somewhere you’d like to be?
Wolseley Canada is the leading wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial products in the country and working here means, a network of possibilities, a place you are valued and a higher standard.
Join the Pros!
Our Counter Sales Position ensures our customers remain our highest priority. They deliver exceptional customer service and act as the first point of contact for every walk-in customer. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in Sales.
What’s in it for you?
- Regular business hours Monday to Friday
- Comprehensive benefits with premiums fully paid for by the company for the “Core” package starting the first day of employment.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Life insurance, disability and wellness program
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time and day off on your birthday!
- Bonus programs that include annual performance and profit sharing
- Employee discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Employee referral program
- Safety shoe reimbursement
What you will do:
- As the first point of contact you will be required to offer prompt product knowledge and information to customers in a professional manner
- Respond to customers in a timely manner in person, by phone or email
- Prepare small order quotations on urgent contracting jobs
- Pick customer orders from warehouse
- Perform necessary product research in catalogues and online
- Verify all items are available for the customer as ordered and scheduled
- Responsible for building positive relationships with customers and associates
- Take initiative to maintain stock of the counter area as needed
- Offer help and assistance in the warehouse if required
What you will bring:
- Previous technical experience in sales or customer service in wholesale or distribution required
- Local market knowledge with HVAC and Plumbing will be an asset
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office required. Experience with AS400 an asset.
- Must have exceptional customer service and professional communication skills
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months if other new and exciting opportunities arise that match your skills and qualifications.
Please note: This position requires the result of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.