Position Title: Crusher Loader Operator
Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We are proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
This is a site-based position; travel throughout southern Alberta and southern Saskatchewan is required. This contract is 7 months and will begin in April 2023.
- Operate Loader to feed raw pitrun to the crusher feed.
- Assist with setting up plant, as well as tear-down.
- Ensure feed bins are loaded to specific capacity.
- Preventative maintenance on machinery/equipment as required.
- Adhering to all safety policies and processes.
- Additional tasks as required by supervisor.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience operating Loader in construction environment.
- Familiar with aggregates and the construction industry required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Awareness of surroundings and ability to perform job in a safe manner.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, contractors, and the public in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Must be a team player.
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.