Full job description
Why Join our Team? At Vallen, we embrace what makes us unique. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways each of us contributes to Vallen’s success. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive company that values the growth of our associates. When you join Vallen, you become part of our winning team. Our vast network of connections is here to help you transform your job into a career. Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions while creating value for our customers, our supply partners, and our associates.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our team as a Customer Service Representative. You would be responsible for providing customer assistance in accordance with the position requirements and safety standards.
- Responsible for growth of assigned customers in conjunction with Strategic Account Manager, Business Development Managers and local Territory Managers.
- Developing new business from leads as well as providing leads to others on our team, will be expected.
- Ability to transact a large volume of sales while maintaining a high accuracy rate.
- Deal and follow through on customer inquiries and complaints.
- Work with vendors to attain, On Time delivery dates, and adjust vendor processes to meet the needs of your customers.
- Investigate and track orders, transfers and purchase orders to completion.
- Maintain an expedite report to minimum 9% accuracy, daily.
- Participate with Internal groups to build large RFP's and proposals.
- Continued upgrade of product knowledge. Vendor sessions, on-line, and constant research and self-development a must.
- Read, understand, and follow Vallen's health, safety, and environment policies and all applicable OH&S legislation/regulations.
- Actively participate in Vallen's health and safety management system, including training, audits, assessments, safety meetings, and inspections.
- Identify, control, and report workplace hazards including following WHMIS/TDG requirements and reporting near misses.
- Report workplace injuries immediately and participate in any return-to-work programs or requirements.
- Be fit for duty and physically capable of performing all required tasks.
- At Least 3 years' Experience in safety, MRO and industrial distribution.
- An ability to transact a large volume of orders efficiently.
- Broad exposure to the various inventory systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work in dependently and as a group.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- - Pivot tables, Sub totals, etc.) an asset.
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload in a very fast paced environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. (Data management
Stay up to date with Vallen, and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Ethnically and Culturally Diverse/Females/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity