Full Job Description
Are you looking for a job that gives you a real purpose and a rewarding connection to the community? The Lethbridge Metis are looking for a full-time Culture & Program Coordinator to engage with and deliver programs to our membership.
This position will work closely with the Elected Leadership of the Metis Nation of Alberta Local #2003 (Lethbridge & Area Metis) to meet organizational goals and objectives. Interacting with many different types of people this role will require someone who is outgoing, personable, and possesses the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Other duties include:
- Establishing and carrying out cultural programming
- Grant writing
- Managing general activities related to operations
- Be a point of contact for consultation involving land and natural resource management
- Attending meetings with community partners as required
- Attend committee and advisory meetings as required
- Engage with the community membership
- Post Secondary Education in a related field (Indigenous Studies, Office Administration, etc)
- 1-3 Years of experience in an office environment
- Knowledge of Metis culture, politics, and history (Preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours a week. Some weekend work may be required. The schedule may be flexible for the right candidate.
Please note we thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)