No matching job preferences
With a team of 22,000 of the world’s best grocers at more than 180 stores from B.C. to Manitoba, Save-On-Foods is one of BC’s Top Employers, B.C.’s Most Loved Brand, and a great place to grow your career. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years and continues in every community we serve, every day.
At Save-On-Foods we provide opportunities for continuous development, competitive total compensation and a fun working environment. We demonstrate corporate responsibility by living our core values supporting local and celebrating our world class team by living our core values supporting local and celebrating our world class team.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Department Manager, Meat to join our team in 6650 West Lethbridge.
This position will contribute to the success of the store by demonstrating our company mission of Always Customer First and embodying our core values of Service, People, Innovation, Fun, and Integrity.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week. Must have open availability.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team, acting as a coach, mentor, and resource to team members.
- Fostering a positive environment that is focused on always customer first service.
- Engaging and retaining team members through training and development, performance management, rewards/recognition and the identification and development of future leaders.
- Using knowledge of the community, competitive environment and industry to develop entrepreneurial strategies to grow the business.
- Communicating important messages with the team.
- Taking count of the correct amount of stock.
- Passion for great food and outstanding service.
- Strong work ethic and “let’s get it done” attitude.
- Two to three years of experience serving customers.
- Food Safe Certification is a requirement.
Here are some of the perks we have to offer:
- Get paid every Friday!
- Team member offers and discounts
- Education Reimbursement
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Wellness & Team Member assistance program
- A dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- An organization that supports local growers, product, community groups, and the environment
Join our Team!
Come and be a part of an energetic and inclusive team where we work together to have fun and achieve our goals. If you are a positive, customer-focused individual, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and add your smile to the mix!