Do you want to be a part of something meaningful to the lives of others? Every day REDI’s team of over 230 employees develops and delivers meaningful programs, supports and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Founded in 1952, REDI Enterprises Society is the driving force behind the movement to build a community where everyone belongs. This is not just a marketing catchphrase. It is a fundamental belief, and heartfelt mission on the part of all of us who workday in and day out to move our community closer to that goal.
REDI Enterprises is currently seeking a permanent full-time (37.5 hours/week), Community Disability Services Worker II for our REDIworks division. The Community Disability Service Worker is responsible for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities who may also experience physical and/or mental health disorders, to achieve their personal outcomes through meaningful community involvement and employment. REDI’s mission is to enable individuals to attain respect, opportunity, and responsibility. We value reciprocal respect, trust, integrity, support, honesty, empowerment, compassion, and accountability.
REDI offers an extensive benefit package after the completion of a 90-day probation period. Our benefits include but are not limited to - Employer paid Group Benefits, RRSP matching, Flex spending amount, ect. We also offer paid sick time and vacation accrual.
· Between six months and two years of relevant experience in rehabilitation/disability services or suitable combination of education and experience
· 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field such as Special education, Community and Disability Studies, Social Work, or Psychology
· First Aid – Level C / CPR certificate
· Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s license, access to a vehicle with $2 million liability insurance and a Drivers Abstract that is acceptable to the Executive Director
· Basic computer literacy that meets the requirements of the specific role and agency/service
· Criminal record and Vulnerable Sector Check that are acceptable to the Executive Director
· A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and act on their life choices, and seek active participation in the community
· An understanding of the opportunities and options available to persons with disabilities, mindful of cultural and ethnic sensitivity
· Relevant knowledge and ability to model and support the development of basic living, personal and social skills
· Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal format
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location