Full Job Description
Do you want to be a part of something meaningful to the lives of others? Every day REDI’s team of over 230 employees develops and delivers meaningful programs, supports and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Founded in 1952, REDI Enterprises Society is the driving force behind the movement to build a community where everyone belongs. This is not just a marketing catchphrase. It is a fundamental belief, and heartfelt mission on the part of all of us who workday in and day out to move our community closer to that goal.
About the Position
REDIlives division is seeking a temporary, flexible, conscientious, and career-minded Disability Service Worker II (DSWII). This position operates on a 4 on/4 off rotation with 40 hours per week. The Disability Service Worker II is responsible for supporting cognitive and/or physical challenges in a community-based independent living environment. The Disability Service Worker ll will provide opportunities for choice, self-advocacy, and participation in matters relating to the client’s home.
REDI offers an extensive benefit package after the completion of a 90-day probation period. Our benefits include but are not limited to - Employer paid Group Benefits, RRSP matching, Flex spending amount, ect. We also offer paid sick time and vacation accrual.
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field
- Between 6 months and 2 years of relevant experience. A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered
- First Aid-Level C/CPR certificate
- Basic computer literacy that meets the requirements of the role
- Clean criminal record with vulnerable sector or one that is acceptable to the Executive Director
- A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and act on their life choices and seek active participation in the community
- An understanding of the opportunities and options available to persons with disabilities, mindful of cultural and ethnic sensitivity
- Professional and tactful written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.39 per hour
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- REDI Lives supports a spectrum of individuals including clients with high medical needs such as colostomy care, g-tube, full personal care with lifts and transfers to clients with high complex behaviour needs such as verbal aggression, physical aggression, sexual aggression, and fecal smearing. Is there anything on this list that you are uncomfortable with?
Work Location: One location