Full Job Description
Manitoulin Transport has the most extensive transportation network in North America, making it easy to provide dependable on-time delivery and faster transit times. Sustained by its 60 years experience, Manitoulin developed the transportation knowledge that is relied on and trusted by clients in various industries.
- Provide efficient dispatching of drivers to meet or exceed our customers' expectations
- Consistently answering the phone and dealing with driver requirements - hook up information, departure times, delay information, other concerns as required
- Work within the AS400 dispatch platform
- Scheduling to execute all of the terminal pick up and deliveries.
- Ensure proper policy is followed.
- Must be able to work shiftwork in a fast paced environment.
- Track shipments for customers.
- Admin duties.
- Dock work
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid geographical knowledge of the service area.
- Previous dispatch experience in an LTL environment.
- Technological capabilities to understand operate an AS400 based dispatch system and hand held devices.
- Ability to be polite, professional, and courteous in constant interaction with internal and external customers, drivers, and management.
- Current Class 1 Driver's Licence.
As an Operations Professional with The Manitoulin Group of Companies, your career will have many benefits, including:
- Profit Sharing
- Incentive Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Excellent Salary