Work authorization (Required)
Class 3 or 5Q license (Required)
Commercial driving: 2 years (Preferred)
City pick up and delivery: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are looking for 5 Ton Driver - Class 5 City P&D to join our team in the Medicine Hat and surrounding areas.
- * Well maintained modern fleet, and facilities !
- * Comprehensive Benefit Program & Employee Assistant Plan !
- * 100% Employer Paid RSP Plan (after 1 year) !
- * Boot Allowance !
- * Paid orientation & Training; paid time off!
- * Driver Safety Incentive - PAID ON EVERY CHEQUE!
- * Year round consistent work!
- * Lots of opportunities for career advancement!
Successful candidate must have:
- Valid Class 3 or 5 license.
- Current abstract with no more than 4 demerits
- 2 years experience,
- Clean Criminial Record
- Operate 5 Ton unit for specialized pick up and delivery.
- Completing scheduled pick-ups or deliveries in a professional manner
- Use of pallet jack to load or unload as needed
- Working closely with Swampers to ensure product delivered in tact.
- Manual lifting involved
- Perform routine pre-trip and post-trip inspections as per Schedule 1 for NSC - National Safety Code requirements
- Perform emergency, minor and preventative maintenance repairs. Report damage to maintenance department.
- Comply with National Safety Code and Provincial Highway / Traffic regulations
- Comply with Transportation of Dangerous Goods Clear Language regulations
- Comply with highway weigh scale procedures as directed by transportation officials
- Observe all company rules, policies and procedures with regards to quality control, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.
- Operate PDA’s and cell phones for communication with dispatch, complying with applicable laws for communication devices.
- Meet schedules and deadlines and drive in all weather, traffic and road conditions
- Check and adjust load securement as required.
- Keep accurate drivers’ logs as required to document mileage, hours and material hauled
- Wearing of job specific PPE clothing, masks, glasses or visors
- Keep vehicles clean inside and out
- Advise dispatch of all incidents and injuries immediately.
- Must be able to work on dock when required
- Perform sundry duties as assigned by the Terminal Manager, dispatch or superior.
*This is a safety sensitive position requiring mandatory pre-employment testing for under company Drug & Alcohol Policy.
*Preference for local candidates only, as there is no relocation assistance provided for this role. This role does not qualify for an LMO under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
All Employees are required to comply with all company and regulatory safety requirements. Each employee is responsible for their personal safety.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Will you require sponsorship in the future to work in Canada?
- Is there any reason why Mandatory Pre employment D&A and Criminal record Check be a problem for you?
- Do you have less than 4 demerits on your abstract?
- Commercial driving: 2 years (preferred)
- City pick up and delivery: 2 years (preferred)
- English (required)
- class 3 or 5Q license (required)
Work Location: On the road