The Logistics department is a vital component of DynaLIFEDx providing direct services to many clients such as: Specimen Processing, Patient Care Centers, Health Authorities, physician’s offices and indirect services to other Health Authorities in the Northwest Territories and Saskatoon. We are seeking individuals who are detail-orientated and are able to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. This position requires flexibility in availability as there are various shifts to provide coverage on. High availability is required.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
- Deliver and pick up mail, specimens, lab supplies, mail and blood products to and from Rapid Response Labs, Patient Care Centres and client offices within Calgary and surrounding areas in a timely manner and according to an established routine.
- Uses appropriate handling and storage methods to maintain integrity.
- Adheres to all safe driving regulations and vehicle maintenance procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness of company vehicles, as well as, coolers and transport boxes.
- Takes direction from and communicates effectively with Courier Dispatcher or designate.
- Alerts Courier Dispatcher to vehicle breakdowns and required vehicle maintenance and obtains direction on required action.
- Represent DynaLIFEDx in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate discretion and confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Ability to work independently, accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to stay on schedule are extremely important.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal, judgement and decision making skills are required.
- Recent courier experience is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the Province of Alberta.
- Knowledge of TDG in relation to transport of bio hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory drivers abstract.
- As workload demands and operational requirements shift, the location, dates and/or hours of work may be changed.
- Applicant(s) hired into this position will be required to provide a 5 year Driver’s Abstract as a condition of employment.
- Driving is required in all weather conditions, as well as, day and night conditions.
- DynaLIFE is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment life cycle. We ask that all job applicants please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the recruitment process
- All persons newly hired to DynaLIFE must show their SIN card and government issued photo ID to Human Resources prior to commencing work.
- All persons hired to DynaLIFE must be authorized to work in Canada for any employer.
- Individuals hired into all positions must provide verification of their highest level of education.
- A security clearance will be required for employees newly hired to DynaLIFE
- A security clearance with vulnerable sector completed may be required for employees newly hired to DynaLIFE