Job Title Educational Facilitator, Inclusive Post-Secondary Education at University ofLethbridge
Reports to Coordinator, Inclusive Post-Secondary Education at University of Lethbridge
Inclusion Alberta, as a family advocacy organization, is committed to providing individuals with developmental disabilities and their families with personalized advocacy that contributes to a meaningful and inclusive life.
Inclusion Alberta, in partnership with the University of Lethbridge ( U of L) is seeking a
full-time permanent, (37.5 hours per week) Educational Facilitator to support the inclusion of students with developmental disabilities.
The Educational Facilitator will contribute to a team that facilitates the inclusion of students with developmental disabilities in all aspects of academic & campus life within the U of L campus and greater Lethbridge community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate meaningful student participation in a wide range of classes; for example, help students prepare so they contribute to class discussions and coursework, meaningfully participate in group assignments, demonstrate their learning in thoughtful ways, etc.
- Facilitate relationships amongst classmates by helping the student with a developmental disability participate in a variety of learning activities, campus activities, events, clubs, associations, (such as intramurals, orientation events, etc.)
- Provide necessary personal care so students can be fully present and contributing on campus and in the community
- Help student contribute to and benefit from all aspects of campus life and in the Lethbridge community
- Collaborate with faculty, post-secondary staff, and students’ families to support students’ full engagement and active membership in their specified program of study, the university, and community at large
- Provide support to faculty members and instructors to develop individualized course expectations, academic modifications, and teaching adaptations to support student learning, engagement, and relationships with classmates
- Network and collaborate with faculty members, business owners, managers, employers, and other community members to develop job and career opportunities in the students’ chosen field of study
- Support students, employers, & co-workers on job sites to ensure positive employment experiences for everyone involved
- Thoughtfully strengthen and foster community capacity for meaningful inclusion of people with developmental disabilities
- Actively collaborate with and positively support Inclusion Alberta team members
- Regularly & actively engage in critical reflection and dialogue (both individually and as a team member) about inclusion
- Deep & abiding commitment to inclusion (as demonstrated by one’s experiences& contributions to community)
- Experience with Inclusive Post-Secondary Education, and/or community development and/or inclusion
- Exhibit the highest level of professionalism
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaborative, networking, and organizational skills are required
- Dedicated learner, reflective practitioner, and committed to one’s professional development
- Astute critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Can work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable with public speaking and community development (approaching new people)
- Regularly and quickly prepare written reports for multiple audiences
- Hours of work are primarily during the day but may require some evenings & weekends & do require some flexibility
- Current criminal record clearance is required, and personal vehicle is a valuable asset
This position will be located in Lethbridge, Alberta. Candidates will require the successful candidate to be on campus and have a vehicle.
The position is full-time permanent position with a salary to commensurate with experience. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Competition closes when a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward your resume and cover letter as one file in PDF format with the subject line Educational Facilitator, Inclusive Post-Secondary Education at U of L to Darren
Beach (Regional Coordinator of Inclusive Post-Secondary Education at Inclusion
Inclusion Alberta is committed to being a welcoming, inclusive, diverse, respectful, and equitable
workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified persons, and encourage women, First
Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, members of visible minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $43,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-01
Expected start date: 2023-06-15