Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Environmental Services Assistant executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operations with a focus on providing superior customer service to our residents.
- Executes routine repairs and carries out minor maintenance operations to electrical, mechanical plumbing equipment and building;
- Paints, performs minor carpentry and maintains exterior grounds except those services performed under service contract;
- At regular intervals, inspects the entire premises from a maintenance and safety standpoint and files required reports with supervisor;
- Adheres to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- An employee, while assigned handyman responsibilities, will continue to fulfil all housekeeping and maintenance duties as required;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in the Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Ability to self regulate and work independently
- Must be capable of performing necessary physical duties including the movement of heavy objects
- Must be familiar with and able to carry out minor repairs to facility and equipment
- Knowledge and training in plumbing, electrical, heating, water, gas, mechanical, plastering and painting
- Able to maintain and manage a budget - Detailed oriented with ability to track work done and record costs involved
- Knowledge of Health and Safety - Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!