We are currently recruiting for a Family Support Worker in Home Visitation Programs (HVP) in Medicine Hat, AB
HVP is an early intervention initiative that is designed to support families in providing a nurturing, stimulating and safe environment for their child(ren). It promotes positive parent-child interaction and healthy child growth and development; increases family’s knowledge and usage of community supports; and improves parent’s ability to identify what their needs are and develop skills and confidence in managing their lives.Please refer to www.bridgesfamilyprograms.comfor more information about this impactful program!
- Maintain a trusting, supportive relationship with families by providing information and support through regular home visits, meetings, phone calls, case conferences, etc.
- Utilize a family-centered, strength-based and solution focused approach, to assist families in developing goals.
- At the request of an individuals, advocate with them or on their behalf.
- Provide information on parent-child interaction, child development, mental health, childhood attachment, the dynamics of child abuse/neglect and other related information, to teach positive parenting and promote independence and a healthy environment for the family.
- Assist individuals in accessing community resources.
- Complete child developmental assessments.
- Maintain program participant files.
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in parent/child groups.
- Act as a representative for Home Visitation Programs on committees and at community activities.
- Participate in association and program promotion activities.
- Enter statistical data into a computer data base.
- Degree, Diploma in a related Human Service Field, a Child and Youth Care Certificate or 3 years related experience in a Human Service Field. Diploma/Degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and administrative skills.
- Experience in family support practice.
- An understanding of the diversity, customs and traditions of Indigenous people and diverse multi-cultural populations is considered an asset.
- Experience working with computers, email and internet.
The position is 40 hours per week. The work week is generally Monday to Friday, with day and evening work required. The starting date will be in February/March 2023. The wage for this position is $22.50 to $23.25 per hour, depending on education and experience. The successful applicant must have a reliable, insured vehicle for daily use and a valid Driver’s Licence and vehicle registration.
We offer a great team, a positive working environment, flexibility, employee benefits, professional development training, 3 weeks of paid vacation per year, paid personal leave days and a great work-life balance!
If you have a desire to work with families and our team and want to make a difference, please email your current resume with 2 references and a cover letter to
kwald @ memlane.comor deliver it to Bridges Family Programs, Attention: Kaillie Wald, 477 Third Street SE, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 0G8 by February 3, 2023.
Successful applicants are required to provide us with a clear Criminal and Child Intervention Checks. It is highly encouraged that you apply for these checks and have them available during the interview process.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.50-$23.25 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location