Minimum Years Experience Required:
$42.99 per hour
November 30, 2023
Job Code: R9331
At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For over 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Richardson has approximately 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and our communities.
Richardson Oilseed is one of Canada’s oldest and largest fully-integrated oilseed processing and packaging operations with three facilities across Canada. In addition to producing bulk canola oil and meal, our food products division produces a wide variety of canola-based margarines, oils and shortenings for the industrial, retail and food service markets.
Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity for a Millwright at our Lethbridge, AB location. The hourly rate for this position is $42.99.
- Understand and comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, company policies and procedures and general workplace rules
- Participate in the day to day health and safety program by working in a safe manner at all times:
- Always using the required personal protective equipment
- Ensuring that authorized work is completed safely
- Utilizing required controls to prevent risk of exposure to hazards
- Participating actively in incident investigations, training, and other health and safety initiatives
- Reporting all unsafe acts and conditions and all incidents, near misses and workplace injuries/illnesses as per company procedure
- Perform repairs and maintenance activities
- Repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Alignment of gears, shafts, pumps, gear boxes, belts and agitators
- Use of laser equipment
- Installation and removal of motors
- Connection of couplings and belts
- Fabrication of equipment and parts
- Establish and implement preventative & operational maintenance activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Journeyman Millwright Certificate
- Skills to operate precision metal cutting & grinding machines such as lathes, milling machines, drills & grinders
- Able to use instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers & prepare working sketches
- Able to fit parts to mechanisms and verify dimensions
- Able to work with computerized maintenance system
- Willing to work rotating shift schedule, weekends and overtime
- Excellent computer, communication and documentation skills
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, benefits and training and career development opportunities.
Interested in joining our Team? Submit your Resume and Cover Letter by clicking the APPLY TO THIS POSITION icon.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION