Full Job Description
As the key banking alternative in Southern Alberta, 1st Choice Savings serves approximately 17,000 members through a network of 6 branch locations. 1st Choice Savings is a financially strong Credit Union with assets under administration exceeding $800 million and is poised for continued growth. The organization follows a corporate purpose and guiding principles where the ultimate goal is putting the member first, above all else. For further information, please check out their website at www.1stchoicesavings.ca
Financial Service Associate – Part Time
To be part of a team where you will get to help build and develop new and existing member relationships. This position is an integral part of the team because it will have the most exposure to forming the best first impression and is the crucial segue to ensuring that we are taking every opportunity to service our member with a “full financial advice” approach.
- You will be part of a team where the culture of member service delivery is first and foremost.
- You will have the opportunity to utilize and/or grow your skill sets by assisting with the full balanced approach to financial advising.
- You will have the opportunity to be a leader in your market by establishing, managing, and maintaining awareness of 1st Choice Savings and Credit Union and cultivating relationships through local events, network groups and center of influences.
What this Opportunity could look like:
- You will be the first point in contact to help members with their financial transactions while proactively connecting with the members to identify any current and/or potential future needs while ensuring that they will be connected with the appropriate individuals to fulfill those needs.
- You would participate in the overall processes and daily activities of the branch to ensure that the “member centric” environment is sustained.
- You would be part of an exciting environment where learning and growing is proactively requested and encouraged.
- You will assist in the achievement of the team sales and objectives through the achievement of your individual targets while maintaining a high standard of operational effectiveness, superior member experience and optimal sales performance.
- You would establish, manage, and maintain awareness of the credit union in your local market and within networking groups.
What is required to make this opportunity a reality:
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to influence and promote the credit union vision.
- Have a strong desire and personal ethics towards obtaining top results and to achieve a high standard of excellence.
- Have a strong passion to be a team player where you would be flexible, cooperative and can demonstrate the desire to work within a team environment.
- You have the willingness to learn and are committed to self improvement.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Post-secondary education in related industry or financial services experience.
Job Type: Part-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)