E Construction, a division of NPA Ltd. is one of Western Canada's largest paving contractors, with over 700 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
Our Highway division is hiring a flagger for the upcoming 2023 construction season.
The Flagger is responsible for directing and controlling vehicle and pedestrian traffic safely though the work zone. The Flagger directs site equipment in close proximity to traffic and other work site hazards and communicates with the public in a professional manner.
- Review and understand site specific instructions in order to direct traffic.
- Maintain an understanding for the work site and consult with the Supervisor to understand work being conducted and any potential hazards.
- Set up, reposition, and remove traffic control signage.
- Keep the workspace free of traffic and warn oncoming traffic of potential hazards to ensure the safety of workers and the public.
- Communication with other traffic control workers using signals and radios to ensure the smooth flow of traffic.
- Maintain awareness of physical environment at all times.
- Cover or remove all traffic control signage at the end of the day or when work is suspended.
- Direct trucking in accessing and exiting work sites and directing where to dump loads.
- Receive, sort and file haul ticket from delivery trucks
- Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the principles of the company's Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principlesof the Code of Ethics.
- Other Flagger and construction related duties as required.
Qualifications I Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Class 5 Drivers License preferred
- Traffic Control (Flagger) Training
- Schedule of 24 working days, 4 days off with up to 16 hours per day (weather dependent). Overtime is paid in accordance with applicable employment standards legislation
- Ability to work out-of-town and remote locations may be required occasionally. Accommodations and Live Out Allowance is applicable in most situations.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company's drug and alcohol testing requirements.
What's In It For You?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive and competitive wage, accommodations and live out allowance as applicable, extended health benefits with STD and LTD, company matching RRSP plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you would enjoy, hit the apply button!
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with E Construction, however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (required)
Work Location: On the road