Reporting to the Grocery Manager, the Food Clerk is responsible for delivering world-class customer service. Duties include ordering and stocking grocery merchandise, merchandising and displaying packaged products, receiving, and unloading trucks, and maintaining department cleanliness and housekeeping standards and compliance with safety and sanitation procedures.
Qualifications: Candidates must have completed Grade 9 or an acceptable combination of education and experience; previous Grocery Department or retail experience is an asset. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. daily.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Repetitive physical labour required; must be able to lift to 50 lbs. within safe work guidelines
Availability: Full Availability
Internal candidates who applied by Tuesday,November 14, at 5:00 pm will be given first consideration, based on seniority, ability, and fitness to perform the work satisfactorily. The Internal Candidate Verification Form must be submitted.