Full Job Description
To support operational growth, Forbes Bros is looking for a PLT Foreperson to oversee the construction and maintenance of distribution projects within Lethbridge, AB and surrounding area.
Working under the general supervision of a Project Manger or Regional Director, the Foreperson - PLT is responsible for ensuring the scope of work being completed is within the confines of the Clients Contracts, the work is being completed to quality and safety standards, and that the work is completed to schedule requirements.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide supervision and planning in the successful completion of Distribution projects. Oversee the method of construction, manpower, equipment and material needed and quality control
- Perform audits of construction operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices
- Plan, direct and participate, when applicable, in day-to-day work activities to ensure that established goals and objectives are met
- Report on problems and the solutions to the Construction Manager
- Enforce and ensure compliance to Health & Safety and Work practices
- Ensure builds are built to plans
- Enforce equipment maintenance schedule and advise when repairs are required
- Perform other tasks related to this function as assigned
As the successful, candidate you will have:
- A valid driver licences. Class 3 or 1 is preferred.
- Journeyperson Powerline Technician Trade Certificate is required
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years experience in the Powerline trade, previous leadership as a lead hand or Foreperson is considered an asset
- English proficiency with the ability to read, comprehend, and execute written work plans. Blueprints, and wiring schematics
- Strong communication skills and able to take direction
- Able to direct a team to efficiently and effectively complete jobs within deadlines
- Must be flexible in hours worked, traveling, and working in adverse weather conditions
This position is field based and requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Complete background screening and criminal record check