$21.86–$25.61 an hour
DCS / DEC (Preferred)
working with youth, homelessness or addiction: 1 year (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
First Aid CPR Level C Cerification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
McMan is looking for a Full Time Youth Worker in Medicine Hat for the Inn Between Group Home.
Here is how you will contribute as a Youth Worker with the Inn Between:
- Provide care, support and supervision for up to six youths ages 12-17 in a 24-hour residential group setting using a trauma-informed, strengths-based, participant-centered approach.
- Create positive interactions to enhance social skills, recreational opportunities, and connection to the community for youth.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide variety of intervention strategies.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to support the needs of the program and participants; shifts will include a combination of day, evening, and overnight hours and if necessary, respond to program crises.
Here is what we have to offer:
- A great team environment.
- Ongoing paid training.
- Rewarding work helping youth.
- Competitive pay according to education and experience $21.86 to $25.61 per hour.
- Health and dental group benefits package with Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Degree/Diploma in Child and Youth Care Counselling, Social Work or related human services field. A combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience in family and youth work; two years’ experience is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, leadership and case management skills.
- Clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector and Child Intervention Check dated within the past six months, 3-year non-commercial Driver’s Abstract (with no more than six demerits), valid AB Class 5 Driver’s License, daily use of reliable vehicle and minimum $2M vehicle insurance to carry passengers.
- Standard First Aid CPR Level C Certificate.
To apply please upload your cover letter and resume to Indeed before January 25, 2023.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.86-$25.61 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Can you confirm that you have a Class 5 Driver's Licenses and that your 3-year Driver's Abstract will have less than six (6) demerits?
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- working with youth, homelessness or addiction: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid CPR Level C Cerification (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-25