You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
The General Helper will be responsible for preparing, presenting and serving meals, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our General Helpers, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Dispense food for next day of production and plate individual meals.
- Conduct work in accordance with safety standards.
- Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Ability to work in various workstations including meal distribution area (packaging).
- Willing to learn skid wrapping of finished product.
- Food preparation and cooking as needed
Think you have what it takes to be one of our General Helpers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- You must have a valid Food Handler Certificate or provincial equivalent
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant, or fast food is considered an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Minor heavy lifting may be involved (up to 40 lb.)
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.