Who We Are:
Lethbridge Iron Works Ltd. is one of the leading jobbing iron foundries supplying iron castings across North America since 1898. Headquartered in Lethbridge, Alberta, we have since grown into an 110,000 square foot, modern, production foundry managed on a 7-acre expanse in Lethbridge’s industrial park.
* Be Better * Engaged Employees * Unique Customer Experience * Greater Good * Authentic Relationships*
We work fast, we work hard, and we work safe. Promote your safety-first attitude and relentless passion for quality as you help us deliver an exceptional product and achieve long term growth for generations to come!
What You'll Do
- Moulder: The moulder is responsible for safe set-up, inspection, operation, and troubleshooting of a Hunter Moulding Machine. The Moulder will set up mould patterns, stage cores, inspect for alignment, and produce quality moulds for the pour floor. Excellent attention to detail and communication skills required
- Pourer: The Pourer is responsible to safely pour molten metal into moulds to create iron castings. The Pourer will watch for non-conforming moulds and maintain accurate records while working at a steady and efficient pace. Excellent attention to detail skills are required.
- Grinder: The Grinder is responsible to put the final touches on our products. The Grinder will work with heavy-duty finishing equipment to remove excess iron and impurities from the products to ensure a quality product reaches our customers.
Depending on the role, you may need to be physically fit enough to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs on your own, carry 100 lbs, have good dexterity, etc. You may be standing for your 8 to 10-hour shift while working with sand and heavy machinery, so be sure that you can do this safely before applying.
The right person for us is going to be someone that loves coming to work, being part of a team but also working alone, who can just get the work done that we gave for you. We need this person to have safety as their #1 priority Every. Single. Day.
You need to be able to work in sometimes EXTREMELY hot/cold conditions while wearing PPE. You have to be comfortable around sand and molten metal. You need to be able to fluently read, speak, and comprehend English.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you available to work dayshift, afternoon shift, or grave shift
- Do you have a reliable means of transportation to and from work, specifically if working an afternoon or night shift?
Work Location: In person